UPDATED FLORIDA HOMETOWN HEROES LOAN PROGRAM
Making Homeownership More Affordable
Florida Hometown Heroes allows borrowers to receive up to 5% of the loan amount (capped at $35,000) in down payment and closing cost assistance.
About the Program:
The Florida Hometown Heroes Housing Program is provided through the Florida Housing Finance Corporation. It helps make homeownership more affordable for eligible borrowers. The program provides down payment and closing cost assistance to first-time, income qualified homebuyers to assist them in the purchase of a primary residence.
- All borrowers must be first time homebuyers, except for veterans and active-duty military members participating in the HFA Preferred Heroes Program
- Borrowers cannot exceed the maximum income limit for the county where the property is located
- At least one borrower must be employed by Florida based employer, and verification of employment confirming full-time employment of at least 35 hours per week is required
- First-time homebuyer counseling is required
- Veterans and active-duty members are exempt from all first-time homebuyer requirements, except if they are participating in the HFA Preferred Heroes Program
- Additional requirements may apply. Contact us for more.
an be paired with additional assistance programs to maximize amount of received assistance. Down payment & closing cost assistance is available in the form of a 0% interest, non-amortizing, 30-year deferred second mortgage. The down payment & closing cost assistance can be used to for the following: (1.) Down payment, (2.) Any down payment exceeding the minimum borrower requirement, (3.) Reasonable & customary closing costs.
CONTACT US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HOMETOWN HEROES HOUSING ASSISTANCE LOAN PROGRAM: