How to Opt Out of Receiving Unsolicited Spam and Trigger Lead Phone Calls
Are you tired of receiving unsolicited spam calls at all hours of the day? Follow the steps below to opt out of receiving these pesky phone calls.
OptOutPreescreen.com is a website operated by the major consumer credit bureaus; Equifax, Experian, TransUnion, and Innovis. It offers a centralized platform for consumers to opt out of receiving prescreened credit and insurance offers, also known as trigger leads. By signing up on this website, you can prevent credit and insurance lenders from accessing your credit information for marketing purposes, effectively reducing the number on unsolicited calls you receive. The website allows individuals to choose between a 5 year or permanent Opt-Out option. It's a very fast and simple process.
Here are the steps to Opt-Out from receiving these additional phone calls:
1. Go to www.OptOutPrescreen.com
2. Scroll down and click on the button titled “Click Here to Opt-In or Opt-Out”
3. Select one of the opt out options (“Opt-Out for the next 5 years” or “Opt-Out Permanently”) and click "Continue"
4. Complete the form by inputting the requested information (full name, social security number, date of birth, and current address). NOTE: be sure to input your name how it is listed in the credit bureaus data base. The information you input is confidential and will only be used to process your request to opt out.
5. Click “Confirm” to submit the form.
It normally takes up to 5 days before you will no longer receive any unsolicited phone calls. It’s a good idea to complete this online form early in the loan process, so that it is already in effect by the time your credit report is pulled.
NOTE: If you choose to opt out permanently, it will ask you to input your info and then generate a form for you to print, sign, and mail back. In the interim they will complete the 5 year opt out request on your behalf.
You may also complete the opt out prescreen process by calling 1-888-5OPTOUT
To learn even more about this process and the OptOutPrescreen website, check out our blog post covering the topic by clicking the following link: How to Avoid and Opt Out of Receiving Spam Trigger Lead Phone Calls
Also check out the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Consumer Advice article on the subject by clicking here: FTC Article on Prescreened Credit & Insurance Offers
Let us know if you have any questions. We hope this helps your mortgage journey stay as stress free as possible!!